Linda Browne was initially trained at the Bath Academy of Art in Corsham and has been working as a potter in Dorset since 1986.
She began at River Lane Pottery, which she helped to establish with its owner Lucy Yemenakis (now Yarwood), but for the past fifteen years has worked and taught from her own timber clad studio over looking her lovely cottage/kitchen garden.
The students can learn to thrown on an electric wheel or simply enjoy hand building, slabbing or press moulding in a sociable and picturesque environment.
During the summer (if & when we have one!) students like to continue working on their pots in the scented courtyard or top lawn along with a relaxing cup of tea or fresh coffee.
The work can then be decorated with a variety of underglaze colours, earthenware & stoneware glazes or wax/paper resist techniques.
These classes cater for all abilities so if you are a complete novice do not be afraid to join in, as there are only five to six students in each session so everyone gets a fair share of personal attention.
How about rounding up some of your friends and having your own fun private pottery class (minimum four, maximum six).
Perhaps you would like a day or weekend course?
For the more committed you may like to book a full six week block just for your own group on a day not already suggested below.
Starting up a new class would be no problem if there were sufficient students.
Prices to be negotiated.
Classes & Prices
- Wednesday afternoon: 2pm – 4pm
- Wednesday Evening: 7pm – 9pm
- Thursday morning: 10am – 12 noon
- Thursday Afternoon: 2pm – 4pm
- Other Classes Available by Request (subject to numbers)
Fees: from £90.00 for a block of six classes.
Directions & Parking
Take the A350 to Spetisbury /Sturminster Marshall. The studio is situated between these two villages on the A350.
Parking is in the Lay-by opposite a terrace of four cottages.
Landmarks to look for:
– Approaching from Sturminster Marshall, Field Dairy Farm is on the right-hand side, park in the next big lay-by with a red bus stop on the right
– Approaching from Blandford, leaving the village of Spetisbury, Spetisbury Manor is on the left-hand side, park in the second lay-by on the left (look for the red request bus – stop X8 “New Buildings” gets you here)
Tel: 01258 857953